Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Bones of the Lost

Bones of the Lost (Temperance Brennan, #16)Bones of the Lost by Kathy Reichs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have not been reading these in order which doesn't make a difference for the cases, but is a bit confusing as far as Tempe's romantic entanglements. There was very little of Ryan in this novel (which is unfortunate as he is my favorite character), but now I understand what was up with him in one of the later books. This one focused on a hit and run and a military case that takes Tempe to a military base in Afghanistan. There is also a lot of not-at-all-subtle soap-boxing about a terrible world situation (I won't say what as it would give away a key point of the mystery). Reichs puts the lectures in the mouth of a character who is pedantic anyway, but it was still a bit more lecture than the novel could support.
I am counting this toward the Canadian Book Challenge as Reichs is a part-time resident of Montreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...